I know we have been silent, but that’s only because we haven’t caught our breath.
The run that we started @Demospring 2012 in Santa Clara has introduced us to a whole new world of possibilities. Honestly – we are finding it way too hard to keep up with investor discussions, more chop/chop on features, factoring common user feedbacks into our validated build-release cycle and charting our immediate roadmap. But from all the stuff that’s going on, here are a few key things that are worth a quick post:
1. more than ## + users are already hooked on to CollateBox (CB). How cool is that ….! We know its buggy and so do the people who use CB today. But our early users are begining to come back to create views of their tabular data (task list, album list, video collection list, survey results list) and share it with their selected friends. Why?
Because there's no better way to organize, work & share relevant views of their data lists with others while maintaining one master box of data :-)
Thanks Jeff – Ravi – Karissa Martin – Jonathan, Adi and everyone who have been patiently supporting us during this period. Promise to do lot more than what we are able to do now…
2. several new use cases, unheard bugs and feature requests are beginning to show up that are beyond “undo, commenting, coloring capability” :-). Obviously, not planned. Hence we are filtering the most obvious ones and putting things in a Que. Some of them are possible to achieve via a work around and I expect a lot of those to happen during the short to medium period. Keep sending those errors with screenshots or otherwise to our support guys and they will keep you updated on the next course of action. Don’t forget, we need your help to shape this into an awesome product – [mailto: supportatcollateboxdotcom]
3. helpdesk - on its way. We signed up with Freshdesk, a feedback link will appear on the sidebar of CollateBox app for everyone. That hopefully will reduce efforts to give us your must have/valuable feedbacks.
4. our capacity is sadly limited right now and you can only get access to Collatebox if one of your friends or colleagues have an invitation account inside CB already, and willingly shares a data view of one of their boxes with you. Which means a lot of our new users and their invitations will be delayed for sometime more, but existing users are free to organize their work lists and share/invite other team members. We are going to remove the share limitation this week for existing users. Once you have access to a shared box, you practically have a unique FREE account inside CB :) For those who are yet to join CB, CollateBox creates a unique Box for every data that you bring in. Somewhat like a windows folder for every new file, where you organize and share parts of the file as views for others.
PLEASE BEAR WITH US !!!
5. personalizing CB is on hold and so is adding a box of data from scratch or via links and RSS feeds. Internal bandwidth reasons, but you are free to use copy/paste from Excel or GoogleDocs. If a type of data upload is throwing errors, please attach the file via feedback link with some notes (just leave some sample data and remove the rest from the sample excel file…)
6. FAQ sucks and we will cover a lot more usage scenarios as we go along. For those who have access to the beta live site, please note that this is just the beginning and we request you to keep sending those comments in through social media, blogs, support emails – we are listening.
Ta da for now, more updates soon….
Founder, CollateBox Inc